Wednesday, December 16, 2009

the weekend :)

this sunday my sister, dad, brother and i ran the white rock half. it was a lot of fun and great weather (though a little overcast) to run the race. i made a goal before i had kids that i wanted to run a half marathon in between each child. my thought process was that it would get me back in shape and running longer distances but doesn't require the time and energy that a full marathon does. i was glad to run the race this sunday, it was perfect timing because . . .


on monday we received this little picture at the doctors office . . .
yes! i am pregnant - due august 1st. we are excited about becoming a family of five :)

this weekend we also had our annual sudan christmas decorating contest.
it was a lot of fun and one of my favorite traditions that we do every year.





the winning cookie - of course made by marybeth the art major :)


the winners - my dad with honorable mention, me in 3rd, jason in 2nd and marybeth in 1st

8 comments:

Penelope said...

Congratulations, Christy!!! What a wonderful holiday blessing! I will be thinking about you & praying for you and your growing family! :)

Hillary Kouba said...

Congratulations! Love it how you just snuck that in there! You will be a great mommy of 3! I hope you are feeling good!

Stephanie said...

SO excited for you! What a fabulous Christmas present! I'm voting for a sweet little Ogden girl! :)

Marci said...

Umm...MB's cookie is really impressive!

ellen said...

Congratulations, Christy! Families of five are great! Loved seeing you run by last Sunday!
Merry Christmas to all of you!

ragamuffinbeauties said...

Congrats!!! Your Ogden family of five will be as adorable as the Sudan family I absolutely adore!

Virginie M. said...

Wow, congratulations! So, you were 6 weeks pregnant running the Half? You are so hard core. That baby's going to be a runner too, I bet!

lwalk said...

Love this post--Yay for number 3! Merry Christmas to you all!